free counters

Friday, October 16, 2015

Too Much Too Soon




Today Crimson Peak is released upon the world. I have every intention of seeing it. I like Guillermo Del Toro movies so, this should be good. My wife will be happy because Tom Hiddleston is in it and, hey! Who doesn't love Tom Hiddleston?
The problem I'm having is that it seems like I have known quite a long time that this movie was coming. Clips and trailers have been around for a long time. Apparently it was announced last year so, we have known about this for quite some time.
I'm seeing a problem here.
Movies that haven't been released yet, like Captain America:Civil War already have a bunch of information out and that movie is scheduled for what, next year? I realize that we live in the Internet Times now and information is immediate, but I think, in the case of movies, that this is causing more harm than good.
Won't some people think they've already seen some movies before they have evn seen them?
They'll see the trailer and say,
"Man, hasn't that movie already been released? Isn't this the trailer for the DVD release?"
I don't know.
Maybe it's just me.
The older I get the more I see this sort of thing.
I get more excited by what Vinegar Syndrome is putting out this month than what is being released theatrically.
I'm still going to see Crimson Peak this weekend.
It is coming out, right?

UPDATE: Went to see the movie. Such a classic Gothic horror story. So lush, beautiful and frightening to look at. Glad I went to see it. Glad Hiddleston showed my wife his butt. Go see what may be one of the most original horror movies I have seen in a very long time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin